"We will not hide them from their children, we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power and the wonders He has done."
1. Chairs the children’s ministries committee, made up of children’s Sabbath School division leaders, Vacation Bible School leader, children’s church leader, and other leaders of ministries for children.
2. Represents the children’s ministries committee on both the Sabbath School council and the church board.
3. Works with children’s leaders to develop a budget for each of their ministries, with a line item for each; presents the budget to the church treasurer and the church board.
4. Takes an active interest in the strategic planning of the pastor and/or church board.
5. Organizes a special program for children’s Sabbath, the first Sabbath of October.
6. Distributes information and communications from the conference to all children’s leaders; collects information for reports and mails them to the conference.
7. Oversees a permanent file of all children, with pertinent information both of church children and guests to outreach programs; shares the student files with ministry leaders who help update and maintain the record.
8. Demonstrates a concern for child safety by personally completing the volunteer ministry information form and by allowing no person to work with children who have not already filled out the form and been approved; insists that guidelines for volunteers and caregivers be followed.
1. Volunteer ministry qualifications
2. Commitment to Jesus Christ and to a growing personal relationship with Him.
3. Commitment to Christ-centered ministry to children.
4. Commitment to the Seventh-day Adventist Church and to its beliefs.
5. Commitment to a balanced Christian lifestyle.
6. Commitment to teamwork.
7. Commitment to cooperative ministry under the leadership of the pastor and church board.
8. Commitment to personal growth and learning, so as to upgrade teaching methods and leadership skills.
9. An attitude of servant leadership.
10. Passion for children and children’s ministries.
11. Leadership experience in a ministry to children.
12. Recommendation by the volunteer screening committee.